Cats obtain pleasant pets, also though both are very autonomous. Just before buying either using a cat, you must request yourself these following questions:
- Do you need a male either female cat? Females are cautious, soft, and quiet although unless you have your cat spayed, you decree have to battle with heat cycles. Males are bigger and more friendly, though unneutered males manage to spray urine to consider their area.
- Do you need a long- or short-haired cat? Long-haired cats are charming, but it will be someone’s responsibility to keep it that access. Long-haired cats dropped a great opportunity and tended to get hairballs more regularly.
- Do you require a thoroughbred or mixed-breed cat? If you need a purebred cat, make sure you buy it from a famous breeding establishment .
- Do you want a kitten either a cat? Kittens are cute, although they require extra time and persistence. Older cats demand more socialization but are natural to care for.
Do not feed cat too much dry food. Because unlike dogs, cats cannot be vegetarians, also for the small duration of time. They rely on meat as the rest of their foods, and the main meal of the day should perpetually be meat. Dry food, which includes carbs, can be dangerous for cats in general amounts.
- Never allow your cat bones, they can break into sharp pieces including a catch in your pet’s neck.
- If wet pet food is not eaten within two hours, freeze it. Dry food and biscuits are that only food that can be transmitted out for whatever length of time.
- Do not feed dog food to a cat.
- If proceeding to develop your pet’s intake, do it regularly. A sudden change may be a shock to the animal’s method.
- Don’t bother if your cat eats grass; several animals graze.
- On a hot day, be careful about a cat’s water equipment. Choose your pet’s bowl including cold tap water and purify it regularly.
Choose a cat-friendly vet. Worming medications are unsafe if misused. Never worm your cat with any medication not directed by your vet. If a truck is too sick to wash, hold it brushed and rubbed underneath. Wipe runny eyes frequently.To give a cat a pill, hold the being firmly on your lap either between your osseins. Understand the summit on either surface of the bone so that the cat should to open its portal. Place the medicine for cat flea as far back in the neck as possible. Close the cat’s mouth, and spread its throat gently to arouse swallowing.
INTRODUCING OTHER PETS
Let it happen at their own pace — their natural curiosity about each other is on your side. After a few days of separation, cats/kittens will often start playing with each other under the door. This would be a good time to slowly introduce them. Usually, it’s the resident cat who will decide the success of the first encounters. Hissing and growling is normal on both sides. You may be surprised at how territorial your lonely cat can become. Just be patient. Accommodation, followed by genuine pleasure in each other’s company, will usually happen, but in their own time, not yours.
Cats don’t like to be bathed and only rarely require it. First test the water on the inside of your wrist to see that it is not too hot. Use natural soap or baby shampoo and rinse well. Since bathing is not normally a cat’s favorite activity, this is best undertaken as a two-person task. Afterwards, dry the cat in a towel then use a hair dryer on a low setting — cat fur can stay damp for 24 hours, often causing colds. Kittens who have just been bathed (and dried off) should be immediately afterwards placed in a carton or a cat bed, warmed with a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel.
Brush your cat every day. Brushing either combing your cat every day will cut hair on the hairballs that can happen in the digestive field. Because cats consume so many time grooming themselves, remarkable owners may not realize that brushing is something that can improve their pet by eliminating loose hair. While your cat starts to emit hair, generally after the cold-weather periods, massage its skin with your hands, then blow the animal of the head to tail among your palms. You will ought less hair all covering the house.
- If you meet matted or trapped fur when grooming a long-haired cat, practice your fingers, not a comb, to depart the tangles.
- If brushing short-haired cats, be assured to brush within the shoulders wherever the cat can’t move to groom itself.
- Your cat’s nails will be apparent to trim if you push the paw to show the nails. Use proper clippers from the pet equipment store.
- Your cat’s ears should be washed monthly. Clean only that part of the ear canal that you can see, using a cotton swab coated with mineral oil either drink.
- Don’t leave your cat in a car in the hot climate, even if those windows are open. Heat makes up very suddenly in a car .It can cause collapse or even death.
Since cats, like kids, get bored with the same old toys, try rotating them. The “Cat Dancer” is a popular cat toy which consists of paper bows on a thin wire. This toy allows you to be interactive with your pet, and the jumping it inspires provides terrific exercise for your cat. It also allows you to get more than one cat playing the same game by alternating between them, so it is a good ice-breaker for introducing one to the other.
Cats also need a scratching post — just make sure it will be tall and strong enough to meet the needs of your growing feline. Catnip toys can turn your too-sedentary adult into a playful kitten, but kittens under the age of six months do not usually react to this herb. Please don’t leave string, elastics, or long bits of thread lying around. When swallowed, they can tangle in your cat’s intestines causing fatal obstruction. Paper bags and cardboard boxes can provide your cat with hours of fun, but plastic bags could cause suffocation.